How much does a 200 sqft house extension cost?
Three essential criteria modulate the price of a 20m2 extension : the material used, the technique used, the degree of finish.
The price of a 200 sqft house extension depending on the materials
Depending on whether the planned extension is wooden frame, metal frame or conventional breeze blocks, its price will change from $1,800 to $4,000 including tax per m².
For an extension in concrete blocks ready to fit out (insulated structural work), it is necessary to count for 200 sqft from 36,000 to $76,000 including tax. For the equivalent in steel frame, the price will vary between 40,000 and $80,000 including tax. And for the price of a wooden extension ? It is necessary to count for a surface of 200 sqft between 40,000 and $76,000 including tax.
The cost of a 200 sqft house extension depending on the technique used
Installation cost calculator. The price per square meter of a 200 sqft house extension will vary greatly depending on whether you need to build on one level, raise a roof, modify the slope of your roof, or simply fit out habitable attics.
Generally speaking, a single storey extension will always cost less than an elevated extension. Why ? Quite simply because an extension on one level is less technically complex than an elevation or a change in slope.
In figures, for an extension of 200 sqft by raising the roof ready to fit out (insulated structural work), it is necessary to count between 36,000 and $80,000 including tax. For a horizontal single-storey extension of 200 sqft ready-to-fit, the price will vary between 36,000 and $76,000 depending on the material used.
The price of a 200 sqft house extension depending on the degree of finish
Many development elements can change the price of an extension , including:
- exterior finish : depending on the choice of exterior cladding for an extension (coating, PVC cladding, wood cladding, glass, etc.), prices can make a big difference. In general, the classic concrete coating and the PVC cladding will cost less than the wooden cladding;
- interior finish : floor covering, installation of sanitary facilities, paints and wallpapers, classic plasterboard finish and high-end glass finish… here too, depending on the choice, prices can change enormously. When fittings have to be made to measure, the cost increases significantly;
- the desired luminosity : the more the glass elements are numerous and of large dimensions, and the more generally the prices increase. For an artist-type roof canopy, the cost of a 200 sqft house extension can even literally explode!
- accessibility and integration with the existing : depending on the type of extension and the conformation of the existing house, the cost of accessibility will be higher or lower. In elevation, it will take the purchase and installation of a comfortable staircase. On the same level, it will be necessary to count the drilling of an access giving in the house;
- insulation and heating : a habitable extension must be insulated and heated. Depending on the materials chosen, the price will be more or less substantial
Would you like to have the price of your future 200 sqft house extension estimated? Contact your Camif Habitat advisor for a free, no-obligation consultation visit!